This raisin bean muffin recipe is high in fiber and low in cholesterol – a great combo! Bean muffins are moist, flavorful and packed with protein. With cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, this recipe is full of spice and interesting flavor. Try it today!
Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 15-ounce can or 1 cup cooked dry-packaged pinto beans
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or 3/4 cup each whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor puree beans with milk until smooth; transfer to bowl.
- Beat in egg whites, oil, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and raisins.
- Fold into beans and eggs mixtures, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you enjoy this low-calorie, high-nutrient raisin bean muffin recipe?