If you’re looking for a black bean recipe full of flavor and protein, look no further! Spice up the average wrap with these great southwestern flavors, and add turkey or chicken and black beans for delicious protein options.
Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 tortillas (10-inch)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged black beans
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion
- 1 avocado
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, pickled jalapenos, fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the 4 sandwich wraps with the sour cream mixture leaving a 2-inch border.
- In center of wraps, dividing ingredients evenly, layer baby spinach, cooked chicken or turkey, black beans, sliced tomato, onion and avocado.
- Fold two sides of wraps over filling, then roll tightly, ending seam sides down.