This hummus recipe is a party staple that is easy to pull together at the last minute! If you’re looking for a flavorful garbanzo bean dip, look no further – with red chiles, garlic and sesame seeds, it pops! Serve it with pita bread, crackers and vegetables for a tasty, healthy, easy treat. **Recipe updated 3/2/21
Quick and Easy Hummus Recipe
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds or 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chiles
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 2 cups cooked dry-packaged garbanzo beans
- 1/8 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Sprinkle sesame seed on a baking sheet and toast for 8 – 12 minutes until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- In a food processor, puree sesame seeds or tahini and chiles, then beans and puree.
- Add lime or lemon juice, garlic and salt, puree until smooth.
- Finally add oil and process until well blended.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, cover and let stand at room temperature for one hour to blend flavors.