- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan heat vinegar, sherry, sugar, and lemon rind over medium heat until sugar is melted, about 1 minute. Drizzle vinegar mixture over rice and toss.
- While rice is cooking, toast pine nuts in sesame oil in small skillet over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes; remove from skillet. Add snow peas, ginger root, and water to skillet; cook, covered, over medium heat until snow peas are crisp & tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir pine nuts, snow peas, ginger root, beans, cucumber, orange and green onions into rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled; spoon about 1/4 cup packed rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf and roll up.
Medium grain rice is also called sushi rice or sweet jasmine rice; it can be purchased in supermarkets and Asian groceries. If desired, the rice mixture can be eaten with a fork or chopsticks, rather than rolled into lettuce leaves. Enjoy this fantastic kidney bean recipe!